Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On Sat, 09 May 2009 11:19:43 -0400, al davis wrote:

>> Does it really matter why they use any given OS?  You still need to
>> make it relatively easy for them to use your software if you want to
>> grow it market.
>
> Yes, it does, but not in the way you are thinking.
>
> There is one reason, only one reason, why gEDA does not run on Windows.
> The reason is that nobody has stepped up to do it.

Not true.
There have been more than one attempt by more than one person including
Ales and me. See the various threads in the archive of this list. The
most recent, most successful is Cesars efforts.

You keep asking why there are dedicated debian, gentoo and fedora
packagers, but none for MSwin. Well, preparing a windows port is nowhere
near to the task of preparing it for an OS that is native to the project.
So please stop complaining about windows users.

---<(kaimartin)>---