Re: gEDA-user: Footprint mass placement from .csv

Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 11:55 +0200, SZABO Tamas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    I need to create a (we call) pinboard (I heard also bed-of-nails) to
>>    functional test of out product's PCB.
>>
>>    For this purpose I plan to use a script, which gets the coordinates,
>>    footprint name, etc. from a suitable formatted file (ex.: some kind of
>>    .csv).
>>
>>    I just would like to ask, if anyone has a similar thing that they able
>>    to share with us?
>
> You should be able to get the output you want from the ".xy" file
> created when using the "bom" exporter from PCB.
>
> You might then want to use a script to filter down the results to your
> test-point footprints.
>
> Hope that helps.

Well, actually I need the opposite direction. I have all the coordinates
  (currently a Blu-ray player's mainboard) and I need to insert the
specified footprint(s) to the existing PCB at the given coordinates.

I already written an simple perl script which changes NAME, MX and MY in
the footprint and put it into a text file. Then I 'cat' it to the end of
the PCB file. It was a quick & dirty solution, but it suits my needs.
Well, if someone interested in, I gladly share it - although don't think
it is production ready.

/sza2