Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On May 13, 2009, at 10:27 AM, al davis wrote:

> A while back I made a proposal for a file interchange system
> that is neutral in the sense that it is not tied to any
> particular target.  It's based on the structural subset of
> Verilog.

But that's essentially a netlist format. It's already easy to
translate from sch to just about any netlist format you want, and (as
I've shown: http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Nov-2008/msg00069.html)
it's even easier to back translate as long as you don't care about
carrying across the graphics and creating a human-readable result.
The graphics problem is 1000x harder, but gets almost no mention in
your proposal.

Noqsi Aerospace, Ltd.
http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx