Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On May 13, 2009, at 12:42 PM, al davis wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 May 2009, John Doty wrote:
>> The graphics problem is 1000x harder, but gets almost no
>> mention in   your proposal.
>
> The intent is not to translate the symbols themselves, any more
> than moving between text markup formats translates fonts.

The difference is that a schematic is profoundly graphical, in a way
that text isn't.

> My proposal does consider placement, which should be enough.

I think few would consider this enough. Without graphics, placement
is of little use. And for graphic-free translation, the pins2gsch
approach is pretty trivial, at least for simple netlist formats
(Verilog is somewhat harder to parse).

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx