Re: gEDA-user: geda cygwin package

> To get back on topic .....  We had cygwin on the lab computers.
> I encouraged students to install it on their own computers if
> they were running windows and didn't also have a unix-type OS
> such as Linux, BSD, or Mac.

Have you seen Sun's Virtual Box?  It's very cool.  Basically, it creates
a virtual environment, somewhat isolated from the host OS, in which you
can install any OS you like.  At work, I've installed Ubuntu on my XP
system.  I'm finding it a bit of a memory hog, but otherwise it works
just fine.  I have Cygwin too, but really prefer the Virtual Box.  I get
full blown Linux without compromises of Cygwin.  Then, if it turns out
you don't like it, or want it to go away just delete the virtual partition.

gene