Re: gEDA-user: geda cygwin package

On Thursday 14 May 2009, David C. Kerber wrote:
> I generally agree with your treatise, but here, we part ways
> just a bit.  Why would you specify the OS that I have to be
> able to work with (Unix)?  I can and routinely do do
> everything else in your paragraph above, all of it
> self-taught, but I do it on Windows, either at its command
> line, or by programming or scripting it.  Why should it have
> to be *nix?

Why are you here?

I said "be able to ...".  If you are able to work with something
other than one particular proprietary operating system, you have
a choice, and you might understand why some people prefer the
one you don't choose.

If you can really do all of those things, you should easily be
able to take care of the gEDA windows port.