Re: gEDA-user: PCB scripting plugin: exporters, drawing, gui gadgets in python, perl and more

On Sat, 16 May 2009, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM, igor2 wrote:
>> As usual, comments, questions, bugreports are welcome.
>
>From a packager point of view, can this plugin be merged to the pcb
>upstream trunk ?
>
>Chitlesh

Could be, but shouldn't be. For example this plugin has a lot of
(optional) dependencies that we shouldn't force on people who are not
going to use it.

On debian side, it is currently:
apt-get install pcb
apt-get install pcb-gpmi
apt-get install libgpmi-mod-....

last line when the user installs those language modules he needs. I
think this process is not a big hassle and could be reproduced in other
packaging systems that can handle dependencies as well.

For those who prefer to install from source, we could write a shell script
that can fetch all the sources, that would have a similar effect as having
the project in upstream trunk, right?

Regards,

Tibor Palinkas