Re: gEDA-user: geda cygwin package

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 15 May 2009, Eric Brombaugh wrote:
>> al davis wrote:
>>> So sad.
>>>
>>> I recently saw a post on an email list that did a very good job
>>> at illustrating, by example, why this is such a problem.  You
>>> should read it.
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/p7aze6
>> AHHHH! The deadpan meta-irony makes my head asplode!
>>
>> Eric
>
> Yes, there is that.  But that comment also demonstrates all too well that old
> saw about "those that can't, teach".  Why?  Cuz they won't pay someone who
> _can_ what he can get for that talent in the tech labor marketplace, by about
> 2-3x.

Not necessarily. Many people are willing to teach, whether that be high
school or whatever. Out of a "give back to the community" mentality and
the pay is secondary or, at older age, almost irrelevant to them. Yes,
just like the open source guys. But then lots of road blocks are thrown
in front of them. Like having to first get teaching credentials and so
on. Costs time you may not have, and money. I really don't understand
why someone who explains electronic design to students and has decades
of hands-on experience needs a "credential". My second chemistry teacher
did not have any teaching credential, had a hard to understand Czech
accent, and was one of the best teachers I ever had in my life. He was a
lead engineer at a chemical plant that makes laundry detergents, on
"emergency loan" to our school.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/