Re: gEDA-user: C++ HDL

Gene Heskett wrote:

[...]

> BTW, some of the tube stuff I see now when the garage bands tune up, would
> quite rightly have been called junk in the 1950's.  It is plumb amazing what
> they will spend a weeks wages on.  We sold better stuff for $12.95 back then.
> Full of microphonics and popcorn noise, and they love it just because 'its the
> tube sound'.  Boggles the mind.

There are whole companies who live off of that fad. Such as Sovtek,
Voshkod or Svetlana. And boy am I glad they still produce some of the
more irreplaceable stuff such as this:

http://tubes-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=58

Sure, can be done with a FET stack but not for $7 and it will be a
white-knuckle ride.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/