Re: gEDA-user: C++ HDL

>> That's the difference between a principles based program and
>> an applications/memorization based program.
>
> My students would be able to design with a 6L6, if they could
> design with anything.  I would not be afraid to include a tube
> circuit on the final exam of an upper level electronics course,
> even if they had never seen a tube before.

When I was in school getting my degree, I had a Physics teacher
that gave all of his lectures in the Metric System.  The book
covered nothing but the Metric System.  All of the tests he gave
where in the *English* system!

Conversions where never mentioned, *anyplace*, not the book,
not the class, not the homework.   Everyone failed
the first test.  This kind of #)$*#$* in schools, is the kind of
thing that makes me believe in Home Schooling, and left a bad
taste for "higher education" from ivory towers.

The one good thing to come out of that (?), is everyone in class
learned to paying attention to the 'Units'.

In the English System the unit of Weight is the Pound.
The unit of Mass is the Slug.
In the Metric System the unit of Weight is the Newton.
The unit of Mass is the (Kilo)Gram.

So why does this box of organic cereal, first thing at hand with label,
say "10 Oz (284g)"?  All of these dual unit labels
are comparing weight vs mass...

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
http://www.softwaresafety.net/