Re: gEDA-user: good books about footprint and land patterns

> If I buy this document and let somebody make software around it, released
> under GPLv3 and developed in community style will this be possible and
> legal?
>
> What are the alternatives?

I have considered this myself, but I suspect there might be copyright
issues. An alternative would be to create libraries based on the spec
and make those publicly available, or write a closed module which does
the calculations and have the rest of the programme open source.

It is also worthwhile having a look at the libraries provided with the
LP Calculator from PCB Matrix, http://www.pcblibraries.com/

Currently I have a python script (in development) which creates geda
PCB footprints based on the land pattern dimensions as they specify
them in the PCB Matrix libraries.