Re: gEDA-user: pcb-newlib vs newlib

KURT PETERS wrote:
>    I was looking at my new pcb directory and noticed both a pcb-newlib
>    and a newlib directory.
>    What's the difference?
>    Also, this
>    http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips
>    doesn't say anything about the pcb-newlib directory.
>    Kurt

I am slowly phasing out the use of m4 at pcb run time and moving it to
build time.  pcblib-newlib is supposed to have all of the footprints
from pcblib (the m4 generated library) except that they have all been
generated at build time.  Note that I'm not 100% of the way there.
There are some footprints in the m4 generated library that cause some
name problems.  My guess is the answer will be I will remove some of the
offending footprints but I need to go through each of them, figure out
what the issue is, and make a decision as to if the footprint is good
enough to warrant fixing the name issue or bad enough to warrant
immediate removal.

As far as the contents of 'newlib', I should probably just kill most of
those footprints.

-Dan