Re: gEDA-user: Still compiling 1.5.2

   The sending message twice thing is pretty weird.  I assure you, I' m
   only sending it once; must be an msn thing.  I'd apologize, but I
   stopped apologizing for Microsoft long ago.
   As for getting around the errors, I told how I did it in a previous
   post, I just mv'ed the doc directory created by untarring the utils to
   the properly-named utils directory and then untared the doc directory.
   Yes, after sending my message, I did some reading up and it looks like
   a LOT was changed. gschemrc is still valid, but the color-changing
   stuff has been changed.
   my old gschemrc is:
   [code]
   ;(load (string-append gedadatarc "/gschem-lightbg")) ; light
   background
   ; raise-dialog-boxes-on-expose string
   ;
   ; Controls if dialog boxes are raised whenever an expose event happens
   ; Default is enabled
   ;
   ;(raise-dialog-boxes-on-expose "enabled")
   (raise-dialog-boxes-on-expose "disabled")
   ;(log-window "later") ; disable status window on startup
   (image-color "disabled") ; for monochromoe PNG output
   ;(load (string-append gedadatarc "/gschem-lightbg")) ; light
   background
   (load (string-append gedadata "/scheme/auto-uref.scm")) ; load the
   autonumbering script
   (add-hook! add-component-hook auto-uref)       ; autonumber when
   adding a component
   (add-hook! copy-component-hook auto-uref)      ; autonumber when
   copying a component
   [/code]
   I, indeed, had to go into system-gschemrc to make changes to the
   background color.
   [code]
   my new one has this in it with no problems:
   (image-color "disabled")       ; for monochromoe PNG output
   (output-color "disabled")      ; for monochrome postscript output
   (print-command "kprinter")
   [/code]
   I originally followed this web site:
   http://www.derekhildreth.com/blog/how-to-change-the-background-color-i
   n-geda-tutorial/
   but then found I could just uncomment and comment out the color lines
   regarding bg in the system-gschemrc file.
   Kurt

   > Message: 2
   > Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 22:22:30 +0200
   > From: Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Still compiling 1.5.2
   >
   > On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 13:56 -0600, KURT PETERS wrote:
   >
   > Again, you sent your text twice...
   >
   > > Well, I got it compiled while working around those errors
   mentioned in
   > > my previous post.
   >
   > How? Maybe we can learn from your solution.
   >
   > > Now, when starting gschem, I get:
   > > In unknown file:
   > > ?: 0* [primitive-load "/home/kurt/.gEDA/gschemrc
   > > is the window.
   > > Did the authors deprecate gschemrc?
   > > Kurt
   >
   > Who created the file
   >
   > /home/kurt/.gEDA/gschemrc
   >
   > and what is the content? I think for 1.4.3 there is no
   .gEDA/gschemrc, I