Re: gEDA-user: [OFF] high current amplifier

Levente Kovacs wrote:
> Ok,
>

> I guess I wasn't clear, so I have to add that it won't be used to drive a
> speaker, I used the word "audio" to refer the frequency range. 500W audio
> amplifier that designed to drive 4-8 Ohms is easy. But 100A, is something you
> won't get in a pro audio store. The coldamp design provides 25Amps. So the
> easy solution would be to convince my manager that 25Amps is quite enough for
> us... :-)
>
> I think I can connect power MOSFETs parallel, and they might put that current
> out. The important thing is to charge and discharge the gate capacitances. I
> too thinking in class-D solution.

If your favored class-D chip can't drive that many FETs consider
employing one or more MIC4422 per side:

http://www.micrel.com/_PDF/mic4421.pdf

That way you could drive just about anything. I wouldn't go much past
20000pF per MIC4422 but they are cheap, just add some more.

And be careful not to drop anything onto the output rail, take off your
wrist watch, wedding band etc. I know a guy who almost lost a finger
that way.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/