Re: gEDA-user: [OFF] high current amplifier

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Levente Kovacs <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok,
>

> I guess I wasn't clear, so I have to add that it won't be used to drive a
> speaker, I used the word "audio" to refer the frequency range. 500W audio
> amplifier that designed to drive 4-8 Ohms is easy. But 100A, is something you
> won't get in a pro audio store.

First off, your requet caught my eye as I'm looking for an audio amp
that goes down
to about 40Hz and hasthat kind of power.  I'd use it for my bass
guitar.  They are
easy to find.  Any music store will sell you a 500W bass amp.

What about using a very large 500W output transformer to impedence
match a "normal" amp to the load.

I'm thinking about tube amps that had an output impedance of about 1M
ohm that used transformers to drive 8 ohm speakers.  About a 100,000
to 1 ratio.

You could salvage the transformer from an arc welder to re-purpose as
your output transformer.  These are designed for close to the specs
youd need

What are you driving?

--
=====