Re: gEDA-user: [OFF] high current amplifier

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2009, Joerg wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Then it needs help like I've described.  That sort of a locked rotor
>>> shutdown is pure hell on the compressors.  No other nice way to describe
>>> it unforch.
>> But I can't really bleed off freon. Plus AFAIK they don't sell that
>> stuff to ordinary folk anymore unless you have a contractor's license. I
>> mean, I could get one, but that would go a bit far ;-)
>
> Its no better on this side of the pond either, Joerg. ...

It think we are on the same side of the pond. Well, maybe the other pond
(I am in California).

>                                               ... I stocked up on the
> auto stuff 20 years ago when the handwriting was on the wall & I may have a 1
> pound can in the basement yet that hasn't been tapped. ...

That can could be worth a whole lot of money these days.

>                                               ... My AC gages have R-134
> scales on them, but the hoses can't take the R-134 pressures.  I'm not sure,
> but I think my oldest vehicle (a 99 GMC 3 door, 4wd) now has R-134 in it, and
> its working poorly, so I'll have to bite the bullet and get it serviced before
> warm weather sets in for the summer.  Ditto for the wifes VW Jetta, a 2002,
> but I have come to expect that, that Jetta was a lemon from the gitgo, costing
> the dealer I bought it from almost $2500 in body electrics within the 90 day
> warranty he gave me.  Both front door window motors failed ($400 ea) and the
> motorized skylight ($1600) fell out!  And I still have a laundry list of
> things that don't work right, like the passenger side seat heat, the radio,
> and the inability to aim the OEM but aftermarket Helia headlights in it, they
> are too low by about 5 degrees when cranked as high as I can get them.  The
> OEM's were the usual sandblasted yellow sitting on the lot, and new ones, one
> of which has already burned up its internal wiring & been replaced for gratis,
> were part of the purchase deal.  And it still has only 20% of the lights my
> GMC has, that thing can see through a 2 course brick wall with its 10 year
> old, stock, original headlights yet!  Fresh lamps of course, but still, they
> haven't yellowed a bit.  Whatever kind of plastic they are made of, its the
> Right Stuff(TM).
>
> Ya win some, and ya lose some. :)

Ouch. Sad actually. I've had an Audi station wagon in Europe, same mfg
family. But I always try to buy the vehicle with the least amount of
electrics/electronics because automotive guys don't seem to master this
field all that well. The Audi still runs just fine over there, 21 years
old, no issues in all those years.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/