gEDA-user: How to route in PCB?

Hello,

I am trying to get my feet wet by exercising

  http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial

First steps (on gschem) are really encouraging.  But somehow I got stuck
when it came to PCB.  The tutorial says, I can finish a trace with a middle
mouse click.  But a middle mouse click don't show any effect here.  I have
tried all sorts of clicks and several sorts of keyboard clicks.  Only ESC
key leaves the route mode, at the expense that it deletes the routed path.

Any ideas what I'm messing up here?

BTW: the tutorial seems to be somewhat outdated.  Where it says

  Screen->Grid Setting->25 mil

it should be

  View->Grid Size->25 mil