Re: gEDA-user: PCB layout for dc/dc-switching converter

   On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Stefan Salewski
   <[1]mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 09:41 -0400, John Luciani wrote:
   > It would be difficult to get that exact layout with real components
   > but you should be able to get very close.

     Yes. My shielded inductors are larger than the ones in the
     datasheets.

   >  I would be surprised
   >  if you see a difference between connecting a pad with two or three
   >  10mil traces and a solid plane.

     I am not sure about this point.

   On the NCP1421 layout and the TPS62xxx layout I placed testpoints
   so that I could measure the noise without the ground lead on the
   probe. The noise was within spec. I also did a min load to max load
   test and a max load to min load test and the transients were within
   spec.

     > Is that the LT1616?
     The picture was just an example, which I found with google. My
     DC/DC-Converters are here:
     [2]http://www.ssalewski.de/PowerManager.pdf
     [3]http://www.ssalewski.de/DC_DC_Converter.pdf

   I think your L800 value (0.47u) is incorrect.

   (* jcl *)

   --
   You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.
   [4]http://www.luciani.org