Re: gEDA-user: PCB layout for dc/dc-switching converter

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 09:41 -0400, John Luciani wrote:
> It would be difficult to get that exact layout with real components
> but you should be able to get very close.

Yes. My shielded inductors are larger than the ones in the datasheets.

>  I would be surprised
>  if you see a difference between connecting a pad with two or three
>  10mil traces and a solid plane.

I am not sure about this point.

>  I would worry more about the
>  problems caused with hand soldering to the plane.

Again, I am not sure. The polygons are not very large, so maybe
soldering is not a big problem?

> Is that the LT1616?

The picture was just an example, which I found with google. My
DC/DC-Converters are here:

http://www.ssalewski.de/PowerManager.pdf
http://www.ssalewski.de/DC_DC_Converter.pdf

For some there is a layout example in the datasheet (which I will try to
follow) and for some not. I think I will start doing the layout for the
parts with examples, then read carefully

http://www.edn.com/contents/images/6347258.pdf

and the layout notes in the datasheets, and do the remaining ones in a
similar way.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski