Re: gEDA-user: Pin-pin rubberbanding

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 23:24 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2009 14:59:55 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > This patch allows you to touch two pins together (placing the component
> > so the pins connect), then pull them apart to produce nets. It also
> > works when moving nets attached to pins, so new segments are produced.
>
> Very cool.
> I'll try the patch tomorrow. What version of gschem is it based on?

My cairo branch, + some local stuff. It should apply to git HEAD though
(untested).

> Next wish to improve routing in gschem:
> An option to restrict the nets to vertical/horizontal. I next to never
> want slanted nets in a schematic.

Yes, I feel I want more of that heuristic sometimes, but it will need
some work before we get there.

The patch I posted to add nets when stretching a pin-* connection is
somewhat of a kludge (to achieve what I wanted quickly). If we are going
to start getting clever with net rubber-banding heuristics, I suspect we
need some more invasive work to the routines responsible.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,