Re: gEDA-user: edit panel not appearing

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 21:10 -0400, Michael Toth wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm brand new to geda and gschem and was very excited to see it
> working on my Mac (OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)) but for some reason unknown to
> me all of a sudden i can not get the edit panel for components to
> appear.  When I type "ee" or select "Edit->Edit", the focus goes away
> from the schematic page but the edit panel does not appear.  I tried
> rebooting but nothing will get it back that I have tried so far.

Hmm, perhaps it is off screen. The coordinates are saved each time the
program closes - so would be preserved across reboots.

Look in ~/.gEDA/gschem-dialog-geometry

The section you want is [multiattrib] Mine is something like:

[multiattrib]
x=702
y=350
width=663
height=409

(numbers in pixels).

Let me know if you get anywhere with that.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,