Re: gEDA-user: nRF24L01+ symbol

   Dave,
   Results are very much dependent upon distance and obstructions. 2 to 5
   meters
   seem to be the sweet spot. I tried modules with the antenna build into
   the board
   without much success. Switched to a 10cm 2.2 dBi and am now considering
   switching
   to a larger 5 dBi antenna.
   I transfer asynchronous unformated data, essentially a wireless modem.
   One device
   is a master that periodically, 10msec or input buffer full, transmits a
   message. The
   slave responds with data in the ACK packet. 32 byte message are
   somewhat limiting
   and I have not determined the optimum to delay between
   re-transmissions.
   My current master is a pic18f2620 with all assembler code while the
   slaves are a mixture
   of the 18f2620 and dsPIC's written in C. I know there are reties but
   have lost the document
   where I recorded performance statistics. While typing this email the
   radios have been
   flawless transmitting approx 150 bytes every 200msec at 1 meter apart.
   George
   On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 21:21 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

On May 3, 2010, at 8:29 PM, George M. Gallant wrote:
>    Attached is a symbol for the NRF24L01. I have not used it because
>    I lack the tools/skills to populate the QFN package and the
> assembled
>    modules are sufficient for my needs.

   Thanks George!

   I've done a couple of QFNs (big Atmel flash chips around 2002 or
so) and they didn't give me any trouble.

   I'm doing firmware development with the assembled modules, but I'm
building the chip into a commercial design so cost and size have
become a big factor.

   Have you had good luck with the chips so far?

              -Dave