Re: gEDA-user: Copper-free area in footprint

Tamas Szabo wrote:

> Well, I plan to use my own vehicle tracking module with SIM508

Just skipped through the hardware specification ---> Wow! What a wealth of
features in such a tiny package. GPS, GSM and a TCP/IP stack, too. This is
true technology magic.

My bike was stolen today at work. On the way home by foot I daydreamed I had
a way to localize it. A device that would wake up in the middle of the night
and check if it is at one of a number of "safe" places. If not, it would
send an SMS with its current position to my cell phone...
This might be the hardware to actually make it come true. This little SIM508
complimented with a little processor, a battery and a sim card would make
for a pretty small package. Maybe it fits in a bulky backlight. ;-)

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: