Re: gEDA-user: Database on symbols, footprints and other (was "Re: gattrib")

On May 6, 2010, at 7:07 PM, John Doty wrote:

> gEDA isn't just a toy for hobbyists.

I apologize if any hobbyist reading this is offended. I have great respect for hobbyists. But I have no respect for the position that toy tools are generally suitable for hobbyists, or that there's a small subset of available parts that will cover most hobbyist needs. Indeed, the hobbyist universe I perceive is broader than the one where I work (scientific instruments for spacecraft). Hobbyists have as much need for excellent tools as professionals.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx