Re: gEDA-user: nRF24L01+ symbol

On Tue, 4 May 2010 09:59:51 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Are you sure? I have got a few FT232RQ's here and their pads extend to
> > the sides as well.
>
> There's metal on the sides, but it's not contiguous with the metal on
> the bottoms.  I've checked under a microscope, and the PDF spec
> agrees.

Thanks for pointing this out, I mistakingly assumed the pads were
wrapped around. Luckily the side pads are connected to the bottom pads
and I have enough room to solder those side pads (pfeewh).
On another note, I am using the Exar XR21V1410 as an alternative to the
FT232RQ, same function, smaller package, less pins and cheaper. They
work fine so far.