Re: gEDA-user: huge font problem under OS X again

Look into homebrew then....

http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew

It isn't mature enough (i need stability) for me but I like it's ideal and implementation.

Steve
On May 11, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:

On May 11, 2010, at 11:21 AM, John Doty wrote:
I've just hit the "huge font" problem again, this time under OS X v10.6 on an x86 machine.

The version in Fink works fine for me on such a machine. How are you installing gschem?

Building from source, including all the (gazillion) gtk-related libraries. I despise and eschew package management systems. (though admittedly this one would solve a problem in this case!)

When I build gEDA from source, my starting point is generally a system with a working gEDA on it from whatever package management system there is. That saves a lot of grief. gtk is indeed a monstrously tangled web.

It is, but I've defeated it before, and was pretty sure I had it running ok. I just want to avoid having a package management system crap all over my filesystem. :-(

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL