Re: gEDA-user: PCB file parsing library

On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:25:16 -0700, Keith Curtis wrote:

> That sounds very useful to me, I would like to use such a library. I
> have experimented with some C++ code to generate footprints, by
> generating text file output, and there have been a couple of parts where
> I wanted to integrate copper areas for grounding. I ended up generate
> some text output and pasting it into my .pcb file, but I'd much rather
> use a library like the one you are suggesting.

An alternative approach might be to use pcb itself. Most of the internals
can already be triggered by actions. Some core editing operations like
add-line, or add component are missing, though.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211