Re: gEDA-user: PCB Patches: Use c99 bool instead of manual typedef.

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 13:23 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> I have it here but don't feel like digging through it, and it seems
> like it's fresh in your mind so I'll ask...Is there anything in C99
> that'd allow for packing bools into a byte or word value, a-la
> Pascal's "packed array of boolean"?

I think that won't give you a performance win on many targets.  bool
should be the thing that's fastest to access on the given machine, and
accessing single bits will often involve more than one instruction I
think.

Rob

p.s. What's going on with the reply-to header on this list?  Why does it
seem random whether it's set to geda-user@... or the sender's email?