Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL - now with background image rendering support!

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 09:21 +0200, Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> Great. Anyway the current gtk drawing code would have failed with
> gtk3, but it seems that even the GL code will run into trouble:
> - GdkDrawable and GdkPixmap have been eliminated, you have to
> use Cairo whether you like it or not
> - "expose-event" has disappeared, it is now called "draw",
> and it has differen parameters
> - I hope that gtkglext will still work, but what do I know?

Unknown.. but I expect it will be ported eventually. GTK 3.0 will be a
problem for both the gEDA and PCB code bases, but given our adoption
rate of new versions of things.. I don't expect it will be a pressing
concern for some years yet.

We'll have to have caught up by the time distros stop shipping support
for GTK2.0 though.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,