Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL - now with background image rendering support!

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 10:37:01PM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 19:46 +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> > Peter Clifton wrote:
> >
> > > I'm very close to being able to push the basic 2D portions of PCB+GL
> > > into git HEAD.
> >
> > I feel like a supporter at the course of a marathon race: Go, Peter. Go!
>
> Ok, spurred on by that encouragement, I've tidied up and pushed the
> first couple of PCB+GL patches to git HEAD.
>
> git HEAD PCB will now render using OpenGL by default with a GTK HID
> build. If that doesn't work for you, build with
>
> ./configure --disable-gl

Great. Anyway the current gtk drawing code would have failed with
gtk3, but it seems that even the GL code will run into trouble:
- GdkDrawable and GdkPixmap have been eliminated, you have to
use Cairo whether you like it or not
- "expose-event" has disappeared, it is now called "draw",
and it has differen parameters
- I hope that gtkglext will still work, but what do I know?

Ok, I'm an archaic lesstif user.

	Regards,
	Gabriel