gEDA-user: pcb has two libraries

   I have a little issue with pcb v1.99z, in that it has two libraries:
   one that I see, and one that it uses. That is, I have added components,
   and they do not show up. I delete footprints, and they do not go away.
   One appears to reside in /usr/share/pcb and one in
   /usr/local/share/pcb. I have even resorted to creating symbolic links
   from the local/share to the normal directory, with no success. I built
   v1.99z from git. How can I fix this? I am tearing my hair out.
   Thanks,
   Tom