Re: gEDA-user: An idea: rework design support...

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 09:01 -0500, John Griessen wrote:
> On 05/13/2011 08:10 AM, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > Comments?
>
> Sounds close to the approach of Fritzing, where wiring is documented
> as literal wires put in a plug-board.  Your concept is different only
> in keeping the as built prototype as a reference -- no plug-board.

Good point ;)

It could also be used to design plug-board layouts if your reference
board was a model of the vero-board / plug board you were using.

Not strictly a "PCB" any more, but I'm excited about the possibility of
documenting one-off or prototype designs like this.

This (and the blue-wire layers) would probably be similar to the kind of
primitives we might require to add support for designing in arbitrary
length wire-jumpers at PCB design time, rather than requiring schematic
components with footprints for them. This would be very handy for people
designing single layer (and some two-layer) boards.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,