Re: gEDA-user: Reinventing the wheel

On May 16, 2011, at 4:25 PM, al davis <ad252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday 16 May 2011, Steven Michalske wrote:
>> But lawyers can use that clause as a loophole to invalidate
>> legitimate patents.
>
> Minor side effect of "lawyers can use that clause as a loophole
> to invalidate ILLegitimate patents" ...  which outnumber the
> ligitimate ones a million to one.

A software licence should not be used for this purpose...  As a person with patents,  I can't afford to contribute substantual code back, but I can use all the code I want.  Because my patents are legitimate.

But this is straying from this lists topic.

I wish the best of luck to those that wish to reinvent this wheel,  a gpl compatible library with a less restrictive licence bsd, MIT, etc...  Could be used to extend pcb and gschem.  And allow commercial interests to support us.