Re: gEDA-user: Reinventing the wheel

On May 16, 2011, at 4:30 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steven Michalske wrote:
>
>> In a perfect world this would not be an issue.  But lawyers can use that
>> clause as a loophole to invalidate legitimate patents.
>
> The notion of software patents is by no means obvious. In fact, it is
> subject to serous doubt. See the undulating tale of conflicting judgments
> by the  (European) Court of Justice.

The clauses are not limited to just software patents.  Imagine building hardware with gschem,  100% legal and your design is yours.

Now,  you accidentally included a symbol with a gpl licence.  Now I know we release the bulk of our symbols with explicitly free use licenes.  But I may have used tom's that was pure gpl.  And Tom saw my