Re: gEDA-user: Reinventing the wheel

On Wed, 18 May 2011 18:39:43 -0600
John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On May 18, 2011, at 6:31 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
>
> > Examples
> > are the next to unusable default library of geda
>
> As has been discussed many times, this cannot be fixed, since there
> is no narrow, common use case for gEDA. Even the big $$ tools can't
> get this right, so how can we? A narrowly targeted, inflexible tool
> like Eagle can maybe, kind of, but that's not gEDA.

Maybe we could put together a sort of âjumpstartâ add-on library for
new users who just want to design basic circuit schematics and get a PCB
designed.  The library would include only high-quality symbols that
adhere to the same paradigms (e.g., no hidden power pins).
You could leave out all the SPICE symbols and many of the rarely-used
special symbols since this is a library for the basic and simple
schematic->pcb workflow.

Regards,
Colin