gEDA-user: Expansion of the footprint definition

   I am sure there has been discussion around this in the past - but I am
   keen to know if there is any chance of PCBs understanding of what a
   footprint can contain being expanded in the near future?

   Primarily just two things I would really like... text and polygons...

   Is this something that requires a major refactor - or is it something
   that someone who is new to the pcb source may have a chance of looking
   at?

   cheers,

   Geoff