gEDA-user: data directories in a library ( library packages )

On 05/22/2011 12:33 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
I like the idea of creating a library group containing all info related
>  to a manufactured part or part range.
Library group?  Or just a library?  (not picking on the name, just
wondering what you think the difference is, or why such a difference
might be needed)

I was just trying to talk in general words about Kai martin's package idea.
A package, (or any name for same idea), is a dir with footprint, symbol,
simulation model, datasheet links, notes, etc in it.

On 05/22/2011 12:33 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> You think "chips" will be less confusing than "package" ?  I think I'd
> rather make up a name than re-use a word so common in our field...

Chip is not alot better than package.  They both have the common word problem.
Chip is just a bit more specific, so I thought there would be fewer ways to confuse it
than with a category word like package.

John