Re: gEDA-user: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

DJ Delorie wrote:

> Up to now, we've been using the schematic as the "master" files for
> the design.  Perhaps this is a bad idiom?

It is not just "us". it is the traditional way to look at an
electronics project. Schematic, layout and BOM  contain all the
information needed to reproduce. Of course, the EDA may keep the
data in some other form and derive these documents on the fly. But
this would make the work-flow more complicated. You'd have a hard
time to re-integrate a layout, once it has diverged from the
schematics.

This is one of the major blunders of eagle. There is no decent way
to reunite layout and schematic after you changed one without
the other. I have seen more than one project break this way.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx