Re: gEDA-user: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

> Please remember that what interacts with the data may not be a human
> "user", but a script. The user behind the script must find the the
> organization sufficiently comprehensible that the script can be
> constructed to penetrate it without human help. This is exactly why
> GUI so commonly poisons scripting, because GUI is generally designed
> to facilitate human interaction, not avoid it.

My flows are also heavily scripted, so yes, I'll remember.  The
underlying data and low-level tools follow the scripting paradigm -
stepwise progress from A to Z via simple apps that interact with
simple data.  The GUI needs to *hide* that, not replace it, making the
underlying data *seem* integrated and easy to manage, when in fact it
is not.