Re: gEDA-user: chip data directories in a library ( library packages )

John Griessen wrote:

>> But the seed idea is growing on me too.
>
> Beats python eggs!

There is certainly a smell of coolness. But the entities don't
act as seedlings. They are not self contained and they don't
unfold into something bigger. Instead, many different of them
are used as building blocks. They are precompiled sets of data
the components of geda look into when they assemble a schematic,
a layout, or a BOM.

That's why I am still in favor of "packet". As a bonus, this word
keeps its pronunciation when translated to German (Paket), French
(paquet), Polish (pakiet), Swedish (paket) and a number of other
languages.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak