Re: gEDA-user: Task list for: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

Friends -

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 01:41:08PM -0700, Jared Casper wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:56:40AM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> >> I'm a Perl fan myself.
> > I think Python would be a better choice.
> Scala anyone?

It's probably a long shot, but I would give my vote for
any language backed up by an independent standards committee.
The standards document is a contract between the language
implementor and the coding in that language.  It takes a
big step away from the "it works for me" mind-set and towards
a long-term supportable investment in reliable code.

Scheme fits: IEEE 1178-1990, reaffirmed in 2008.  Not that
I'm any fan of IEEE's copyright behavior.

ECMAScript?  <gd&r>

  - Larry