Re: gEDA-user: Fixing the attribute censorship bug

> The attached script not only emits a message, but substitutes
> "attribute_conflict" for the attribute in question. Since that's not
> normally a legitimate value, it should help the user to detect the
> problem.

From my perspective, I don't understand why this is better.  1.7.0 warns
about undefined behaviour, and defaults to backwards-compatibility
(which makes some sense IMHO).  This script deliberately poisons the
netlist.  In my ideal world (haha) gnetlist would generate errors on
attribute conflicts. :-)

> gnetlist -m censor_fix.scm (other gnetlist args)

For the benefit of those who share your preference for this behaviour:
does loading this scm file from a configuration file work? :-)

                                    Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remote Sensing Research Group