Re: gEDA-user: Jumpers on single layer PCBs

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Levente Kovacs <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2011 21:59:04 +0100
> Thomas Oldbury <toldbury@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Oh. Thanks anyway. Any hack-ish way to add this in? (Because I'd like
>> each jumper to have a refdes and BOM entry if possible.)
>
> What I'd do is define a copper layer. Draw your jumpers on the that layer.
> Don't send the layer data to the fab house. Make sure you have mask openings
> on vias. Solder jumpers in the vias.
>
> I recommend using double sided boards.

I was just writing an email recommending that. If you want a BOM of
jumper wires, you could make a script that takes all the traces on the
jumper wire layer and spits out a list by length and location. Bonus
points if it collates jumper wires of the same length and provides a
count.