Re: gEDA-user: Jumpers on single layer PCBs

   Double sided boards are great, but not so great when the product is
   supposed to cost only $3/each, after an MSP430, mains power supply,
   heatsink, triac etc.

   On 31 May 2011 22:09, Levente Kovacs <[1]leventelist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   On Tue, 31 May 2011 21:59:04 +0100
   Thomas Oldbury <[2]toldbury@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   > Oh. Thanks anyway. Any hack-ish way to add this in? (Because I'd like
   > each jumper to have a refdes and BOM entry if possible.)

     What I'd do is define a copper layer. Draw your jumpers on the that
     layer.
     Don't send the layer data to the fab house. Make sure you have mask
     openings
     on vias. Solder jumpers in the vias.
     I recommend using double sided boards.
     Levente