Re: gEDA-user: Easy question

[snip]
>system-commonrc, system-gnetlistrc, system-gschemrc, system-gsymcheckrc do
>exist on my system.
>But the symbols are in located in /usr/share/gEDA directly (no /sym)...Seems
>strange.

	Yeah, hmmm.. that is odd.  I wonder if GEDADATA is not being set
correctly by gschem.  Try this:

set the environment variable GEDADATA to /usr/share/gEDA/scheme (assuming
that directory exists).  i.e. export GEDADATA=/usr/share/gEDA/scheme
(for a bash shell) and see if that helps.  gschem should not emit any
error messages containing the word "null".

>The date of creation of these rpm from this distrib is Aug,6th,2001. There
>are no older version installed.

	I'm assuming you are using redhat rpms on a mandrake system?
That _should_ work, but I've seen reports of quirks.  Worst comes to
worst, you should be able to rebuild from the src (last resort).

								-Ales