Re: gEDA-user: Easy question

Ales Hvezda a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> >I've just installed gEDA packages from Mandrake8.1 distrib, but gschem
> >complains about  things missing.
> >Is there any env variables to set or some files to add locally ? I can't
> >find the info in the archive. What's missing ?
> >

>         Based on the info in this post, it looks like the symbols have
> not been installed (which contains a very important rc file
> called system-commonrc).  Does /usr/share/gEDA/system-commonrc,
> /usr/share/gEDA/sym etc... exist on your system?  I could be wrong about
> this, but that's my initial guess as to what is wrong.  Also, is this
> a new install of gEDA/gaf or did you have an older version installed?
>
>                                                                 -Ales

Hi Ales,

system-commonrc, system-gnetlistrc, system-gschemrc, system-gsymcheckrc do
exist on my system.
But the symbols are in located in /usr/share/gEDA directly (no /sym)...Seems
strange.
The date of creation of these rpm from this distrib is Aug,6th,2001. There
are no older version installed.

Thanks a lot,

JC