Re: gEDA-user: install fails--RH7.1 on AMD i686

Hi,

>First I tried the top level make file, then the one at a time method and
>stops at same place...
>

>Get this output from ./configure, make, make install of
>                1. libgeda
>                2. symbols
>                3. gschem

	Did you untar libgeda, symbols, gschem, gnetlist, and gsymcheck
all in the same directory and then placed the top level Makefile in that
same dir?  Did you set the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH as indicated when
you run make (using that top level makefile)?  Look for lines like:

For bash:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ahvezda/geda/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=/home/ahvezda/geda/bin:${PATH}

You may want to edit the top level makefile and make sure that the prefix
is set to where you want to install things (default is $HOME/geda).
Then you should just be able to run:

	make install

	And that should work just fine.  It is very important that
${prefix}/bin (i.e. $HOME/geda/bin) is in your PATH before you run make
install because the ./configure scripts look for libgeda-config and
gesym-config (which must be installed to ${prefix}/bin).

	If this is still giving you problems, just send geda-user
some more e-mail.

								-Ales