Re: gEDA-user: Problems with gschem

Hi,

>Hi, I've got Problems with starting gschem. I looked for informations
>on http://www.geda.seul.org/mailinglist/geda-user.html but I didn't
>found a solution. Here is my problem: When I try to start gschem from
>the console I get the following output:
>
>gEDA/gschem version 20010722

	This is a really old version.  See below why it might be a good
idea to upgrade.

[snip]
>The gschem-window doesn't have a menu-bar and there aren't any
>colors. I'm not able to insert components. If I press a key the
>program terminates with an error like:

	Please see the newly added tools-FAQ entry:

http://www.geda.seul.org/tools-FAQ.html#A1

	Two things, 1) check that the system-commonrc is installed in
/etc/gEDA (or /usr/share/gEDA), and 2) I seem to remember that I introduced
some bugs around 20010722 (or 20010708) releases which cause problems
when rc files were not in /usr/share/gEDA (ie moved to /etc/gEDA),
so please upgrade to a more current release.

								-Ales