gEDA-user: Need cool first application for gdatabase

Hi.

I think gdatabase will come into use out there in any significant volume until at least one really cool application is built on it. I'm looking for the right first tool. I'm hoping that if I spear-head development of the first tool, then others will get involved to expand from there. In particular, I hope this platform will enhance the open-source community's ability to come out with automated EDA tools.

Some ideas:

-- Schematic generator from structural Verilog/VHDL. It could take output from Icarus Verilog and generate .sch and .sym files. It could also possibly generate schematics from the structural portions of RTL level Verilog
-- A netlist translation capability: Verilog/VHDL/SPICE both in and out so we can convert from one to the other.
-- A hierarchy viewer, preferably integrated with gschem. This would initially support net highlighting and instance/net finding. If integration is hard, a gschem-like viewer could be written, without editing capabilities.
-- A PCB place and route tool
-- A simple router to help gschem make rectilinear routing changes after a move operation.

What do you guys out there want the most?

I also am comming to dislike the name gdatabase. Any ideas for something better?

Thanks,
Bill