Re: gEDA-user: Need cool first application for gdatabase

John Griessen wrote:

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 19:40, Bill Cox wrote:

I also am comming to dislike the name gdatabase. Any ideas for something better?

Freebase? Just kidding... How about:

grains
gatedata
gatecache
gatevault

and not starting with g:
logicpool
logicpile
logicnode
modulecache
modpile
nodegen
nodecache
nodesave
nodestore
nodespec
datatom

The ones with node have a nice ring... node is not overused in EDA, and
it describes the point where branches divide, which is what all our
little switches and gates and muxes do to datastreams.... branch them as
in a result plus a carry, or converge them as in and or mult div sub. All the little objects we save are at the most primitive level a node,
or even at a higher abstraction level a block that takes in three 64 bit
streams and outputs two of them is a kind of node also...

One problem I have with gdatabase is that it's nine letters. 'nodegen' is better, I think. How about:

gatedb
gateman (for gate manipulation)
nodedb
nodeman